Monday, October 17, 2016

Astrophotography: Hunter's Moon and Supermoon

I find out about space things more often from people who know I like space than from my own knowledge.   So it was the night of Oct 15th that I pulled out the scope to try and get a picture of a supermoon that also happens to be a Hunters moon.  I hadn't even realized this was occurring until I was tipped off.  So yall keep me updated!!

A supermoon is just a full moon at the time when the moon's orbit is the closest to the Earth.   When a moon is full and at its closest point to the Earth it really does appear bigger in the sky.  

The hunters moon is just a term for a full moon in October.   Traditionally this was the time hunters were getting ready to stock up on game meat for the winter months ahead.

No matter what the full moon is always a beautiful sight.

 .  












No comments:

Post a Comment