Sunday, October 11, 2026

Total Solar Eclipse on April 8, 2024

I realized that I never posted my photos of the total solar eclipse that happened on April 8, 2024.     Two years have passed since that day, but it will always be one of the most remarkable days in my memory.   The last time I saw a solar eclipse I was in primary school and we did not even go outside to look.   I just remember seeing how daylight turned to darkness through the school windows.

This time I was living in Indiana and only needed to drive about an hour away to get a good spot to try and not only watch the show but photograph the event as well.

Just to jump to the chase here is totality - April 8, 2024 in Indiana

Before that picture was taken, everything was in place and the sky was clear.


The money shots were during totality.






I also took a few shots as it progress and combined them.   Totality was breathtaking.



During totality you could even see stars.


The next Total eclipse in the US will not be until 2044, while the next total eclipse viewable in the world will be 2027.   Be sure at some point you make a trip to view this amazing phenomenon.  You will not be disappointed.


 




No comments:

Post a Comment