Monday, June 15, 2015

Women in Science

Just a quick note before I start my normal blogging.  I have been trying the blogging thing out for a month or so now and have really enjoyed it.  I think going forward I am going to try a Monday Wednesday, Friday schedule and see how that goes for a bit.

Alrighty, back to it......

I was reading an older article the other day from the The New York Times Magazine.  It was entitled:


And then there was the picture that went with the headline.


Times have changed a little from 1927, but the article does talk about a study done at Yale that says there is still a huge gap.


I have worked with many brilliant women scientists and it is sad that this gap still exists.  I do believe the culture is slowly changing for the better.  Seeing that slow change came from an unlikely place when I was browsing the internet.  It came from LEGO of all places.  Lego recently released a science set and the researchers were women.  Way to go LEGO!  The set was so popular that LEGO has since sold out and the reviews were mostly overwhelmingly positive.




One of the reviewers summed up this blog entry the best:


No comments:

Post a Comment