Wednesday, September 30, 2015

The GMO war

An article came out this summer that I had meant to post, but then I was rambling about other things and almost forgot about it.   I really think everyone should read this article no matter which side of the fence you are on about GMOs.

http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/science/2015/07/are_gmos_safe_yes_the_case_against_them_is_full_of_fraud_lies_and_errors.html

The article covers a gamut of things I have blogged about, but it is a  deep dive into GMOs and written very eloquently.

I often come across blind and uneducated opinions on GMOs.  That is fine.  I have some opinions that are founded on social trends or here say without truly knowing the true facts.  We are humans and assumptions are going to made.  However, when we can educate ourselves and find that facts it is a good thing for all of us.  This is a paper that does a nice job educating with facts and is a great one to share to people who just don't know the truth about GMOs and the fact they are safe.

The hardest battle is against those that have seen the facts, but still refuse to change their beliefs.  Hopefully those small groups will one day be outnumbered.  This quote from the paper summarizes my own view on those who have completely closed their minds.

"Some people, to this day, believe GE papayas are dangerous. They want more studies. They’ll always want more studies. They call themselves skeptics. But when you cling to an unsubstantiated belief, even after two decades of research and experience, that’s not skepticism. It’s dogma."

1 comment:

  1. I do not know whether it's just me or if everybody else encountering issues with your site. It appears like some of the written text in your posts are running off the screen. Can someone else please comment and let me know if this is happening to them too? This could be a issue with my web browser because I've had this happen before. Many thanks

    ReplyDelete